Fort Hill/Roxbury Real Estate Description & Trends
CLICK ON the Interactive Map below to learn more about each Boston neighborhood.
Search for all Fort Hill/Roxbury Real Estate for Sale
Click to Search Boston Fort Hill/Roxbury by Property Type
Where is Boston's Fort Hill/Roxbury neighborhood?
Sitting atop a hill surrounding the Fort Hill monument in Highland Park, bound by Columbus and Washington Street between Boston’s South End and Jamaica Plain. Fort Hill is encompassed in the zip code 02119 (use in your Ballast MLS Advanced Property Search).
Why Live in Boston's Fort Hill/Roxbury area?
Located close to downtown with direct access on the Orange Line from Roxbury Crossing or Jackson Square, Fort Hill is a picturesque enclave of Victorian style homes and brick brownstones arranged around the historic Fort Hill monument at the top of the hill. Fort Hill has an abundance of green space integrated into its urban landscape and is one of Boston’s rapidly emerging neighborhoods. Its close proximity to the Longwood Medical Center and BU Medical Center make it a favorite neighborhood for medical residents and professionals in search of a smaller community with renovated historic brownstones and great values. Fort Hill residents enjoy easy access to the Financial District and the restaurants and entertainment options of Jamaica Plain, the South End and all points in between.
Emerging Fort Hill/Roxbury Real Estate Trends:
With the development of surrounding Jamaica Plain, Mission Hill and the South End, Fort Hill is one of the last undiscovered historical neighborhoods. Because of its close proximity to downtown, and all around accessibility due to the Jackson Square and Roxbury Crossing Orange line, Fort Hill’s historic housing stock is going through a major transformation. Young families, single students and medical professionals from the surrounding medical centers are migrating to Fort Hill in search of newly-rehabbed condos with plenty of space at an affordable price.
Click to view Roxbury Real Estate For Sale by Property Type:
- Roxbury (all zones) Condos, Single Family, Multi Family, Land
- Roxbury FORT HILL Condos, Single Family, Multi Family, Land
- Roxbury FRANKLIN PARK Condos, Single Family, Multi Family, Land
- Roxbury CROSSING Condos, Single Family, Multi Family, Land
Closest T Stops & Transportation for Fort Hill:
Fort Hill Calendar Highlights:
1. Farmer’s Market: Dudley Town Center Farmer’s Market
Fort Hill/Roxbury Resident Favorites:
- Favorite Caribbean Restaurant: Merengue Restaurant
- Favorite Hot Dog: Boston Super Dog
- Favorite Chicken & Waffles: The Hen House Wings 'n Waffles
- Favorite Live Blues/Jazz: Wally's Cafe
- Favorite Authentic Jamaican: The Pepper Pot
- Favorite Grits Breakfast: Silver Slipper
- Favorite Brunch: Victoria's Diner
- Favorite International Grocery: Tropical Foods
- Favorite Soul Food: Ray's Soul Kitchen
- Favorite Pizza: Stash's Grill
- Favorite Cafe & Lunch (with a great cause!): Haley House Bakery Cafe
Ballast Outdoor Top Picks for Boston's Fort Hill/Roxbury:
- Best Jog: Starting at Cedar & Highland, circle Highland Park
- Best Baseball/Softball Field: Marcella Street fields
- Best Playing Field: the Marcella field & playground
- Favorite Summertime Farmer's Market: Dudley Town Common
- Favorite Park/Dog Park: Highland Park/Fort Hill Tower
Boston Fort Hill/Roxbury Neighborhood Description Page Content written & updated on Sept-2012 by Ballast Real Estate Agents.Copyright Ballast Realty Group 2010. All rights reserved